Holiday park housekeeping role
Spend the summer by Lake Whakatipu! We have an opportunity for one or two people to join our amazing team!
We can offer a free powered camping site and a guaranteed 20-25 hours per week, per person.
PLEASE NOTE, WE REQUIRE A MINIMUM COMMITMENT OF 12 WEEKS (Please do not apply if you are only looking for a few weeks work). We can offer a free camping site for those living in a van, unfortunately, we do not have staff accommodation option.
Driftaway Queenstown opened in March 2022. Located on the shores of Lake Wakatipu in the Frankton Arm, our vision is to provide guests with a reimagined holiday park experience like no other. Guests can look forward to breath-taking views and a brand-new modern facility hub, all topped off with exceptional levels of service that begin before they even arrive. With over 130 sites, 10 rooms, and on-site hot tubs, we have the capacity for over 400 guests. With the help of our team, it is our aim to make sure every guest has the most memorable experience we can possibly offer.
Who we are looking for? We are committed to finding the right people for these roles. We are seeking applicants who are enthusiastic, hardworking and trustworthy. It is imperative applicants have a high standard of work and attention to detail. It is now more important than ever to make sure we have cleaning standards that are exceptional. Applicants must have passion, be self-motivated and an open to learning mindset. You must be able to follow procedures, ensure presentation/cleaning standards are met and care for our customers and your teammates alike.
Applicant personal attributes:
• Team focused mindset, rather than individual. We are firm believers that we succeed and fail as a team.
• Can take direction and feedback well
• Sense of humour
• Open to learning & change
• Shows initiative and can think on their feet
• Works well under pressure
Skills & Prior Experience: This role would ideally suit applicants who have previous experience in the housekeeping, frontline or hospitality industry. This will not be absolutely necessary for the right applicant as a very full and thorough training will be given, however it is very much preferred.
• High cleanliness and presentation standards.
• Can work efficiently, in a team environment as well as self-directed independent work
• Spectacular attention to detail.
The Role: Our housekeeping team will be responsible for ensuring our rooms are spotlessly clean at all times. First impressions are very important to us and it is imperative we ensure all customers have an exceptional first impression of their rooms, facility hub and hot tubs. To be successful in this role you will need to produce high quality work, be a team player and take pride in your duties. Our reception team are the first welcome and face of Driftaway, we require those who have a welcoming and warm character.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Deliver accommodation units and facilities to the highest possible standard, every time.
• Accommodation cleaning involves making beds, and cleaning living, kitchen and bathroom areas.
• Facility Hub cleaning involves the cleaning of our communal bathrooms, kitchen, BBQ and lounge areas.
• Follow Driftaway Queenstown’s cleaning procedures to ensure our standards are met at all times.
• Greet all guests warmly and offer a smile upon all interactions.
• Uphold company core values.
• Follow all company procedures and policies to ensure a consistent guest experience and a positive team environment.
• Contribute positively to ensuring a fun, safe and cohesive workplace.
• Following Health and Safety Procedures.
How to Apply: Please submit your applications, a little bit about yourselves and CVs, with a brief work history by email. We cannot wait to welcome the successful applicant(s) into our team and really look forward to working alongside you to bring our brand and vision to life.