Not sure if Ferg Burgers worth the hype? Want to know what else we have to offer? Check out the latest blog!
Experience Driftaway Queenstown through the eyes of a Family
We just got back from an amazing 3 night break at Driftaway Queenstown and I can already tell you…
1. Wow! This is a whole new level of holiday park and they are leading the pack
2. Three nights was definitely not enough, we are already planning a return.
If you’ve never stayed at a holiday park before then you are in for a treat as the Driftaway really does have something for everyone. Campsites for campers and tents with incredible views, but also lakeview villas for those who want a self contained experience with all the added benefits of the holiday park facilities such as play areas for kids.
"I can’t rave about this spot enough, so let me highlight why this place is so much different than other holiday parks."
1. They have thought of all the little things
Rochelle and the team are holiday park experts and it shows. They've added in so many little details to make life easier that no one has ever thought of:
- Hair dryers AND a hair straightener in the bathroom
- Rice cookers in the kitchen
- Nespresso machines in the villas
- A drying room for ski gear
- A laundry that even has a sink and bench, not just washing machines (that take a card not coins - hallelujah)
- Fairy lights on the bbq deck overlooking the lake
- Wheelchair accessible cooking facilities and tables.
- Let alone the family friendly facilities, see below
2. They have the kids details nailed
My kids ditched a morning of skiing, to hang out in the games room and play on the playground, so that’s telling you something.
"As a parent, let me tell you why they have got this so right."
- The games room has activities for all ages, from a plastic playground for toddlers and babies inside, lego, foosball, table tennis, air hockey and a climbing wall. And all of this is inside, out of elements. But what they have done so well, is have an outdoor seating area just outside the games room. Parents can have a drink and relax, keeping an eye on the kids, without actually being in their space. Or they can hang out in the tv room next door.
- There's a huge jumping pillow that is fun for kids of all ages. Parents in both bbq areas, including the kitchen balcony can cook or sit outside, while their kids are still in sight.
- They have a big family bathroom with a race car baby bath. Such a cute detail and also great there's a detachable shower head specific for this bath. This will make life so much easier with littlelies.
- The property is fully fenced meaning you won’t find the kids running down to the lake without permission.
3. It's modern, new and calming.
As a parent on a break, I just want to relax, which I know is hard with kids, but this spot just felt so calm. Our family villa had calming blues, sleek wood and black design and so much storage that it didn’t look like a bomb exploded after a few days of being here.
The modern design from villas to kitchen to tv lounge is all so beautiful, it will feel like coming home. They also have lightning fast internet which made working while we were away a breeze!
If the thought of old concrete toilet blocks and “rustic” living has put you off staying at a holiday park, then this spot is for you. But I warn you, it's going to ruin the holiday park experience everywhere else, because Driftway has raised the bar and there is nowhere in New Zealand that can compare.